A Better Career Starts Here
The Marketing Director is responsible for leading and managing the strategy, creation and execution of all marketing activities for the company’s portfolio of events. Reporting to the CEO, the role assumes day-to-day management of a small but growing team of Marketing Managers, Specialists and Marketing operations.
As we embark on our next growth phase, the Marketing Director will be instrumental in developing a department structure, process and policies that integrate with the wider business and help deliver a well-oiled, modern marketing team. This includes growing the marketing team with key hires throughout 2022/3.
Much of our success centres around acquiring our attendees, exhibitors and sponsors through digital channels, and as such a passion for and experience in this medium is essential. Managing the marketing budgets, finding economies of scale, and guiding the business on marketing technology investments will also form a key part of the role.
- Develop a strong understanding of our products and customers and coherently translate these into effective marketing strategies that deliver year-on-year profitability
- Create a data strategy to ensure we can derive relevant and meaningful insights
- Set, manage and review marketing budgets that deliver the events’ objectives in the most cost-effective way possible
- Contribute to new launch projects and influence strategic planning and investment decisions
- Managing the overall hiring strategy for the marketing department – interviewing, hiring and on-boarding all team members
- Lead the integration and adoption of company business tools and systems and continuously assess their deployment to improve marketing effectiveness
- Identify areas of growth and/or missing revenues from current business
- Work closely with the Event Directors and Managers providing marketing direction and driving best practices in the management of the marketing processes for their events
- Work closely with the Sales Directors to ensure that the sales team has a pool of qualified leads to target
- Accountability of marketing communications to ensure quality, message and individual brand values are maintained and conversions are optimised
- Drive audience growth, visitor numbers, delegate revenue and overall customer satisfaction (NPS) for the events and new digital products
- Map the size of the market for each event, identify data gaps and devise data build plans that ensure the database represents the entire market
Team development & leadership:
- Ensure that the marketing team is using all marketing tech to maximum effect
- Promote a culture of testing and change to continuously drive improvement
- Design and implement a training program that develops each team member to the very best of their ability – report on progress; signal any shortfalls or gaps in individual team members’ skillsets
- Foster ideas from the team at the execution level to drive performance, whilst identifying areas for improvements at a strategic level finding and presenting solutions to business heads
- Set KPIs and annual objectives in conjunction with business heads for each member of the marketing team
- Conduct relevant performance appraisals
- Provide day to day guidance and support
- Connect and build relationships within the wider business to share best practice
Who you will be:
You’re a strategic thinker with the ability to interpret and analyse data in order to lead the brand strategy of the portfolio and develop marketing campaigns that deliver at all levels. Whilst fully immersed in the detail of marketing campaigns, you have the ability to take an overview and question everything.
You are highly proactive with the ability to take prompt action to accomplish objectives and goals beyond what is required, with energy and tenacity. You are an excellent people manager who can develop your marketing team to be the best they can be and make sure that they are equipped with the means to be the best – from technology to suppliers and from ways of working to training. You are also a great communicator and team player who is equally happy to be a coach and a player.
You will have extensive experience at the management level in planning and executing successful campaigns for a wide portfolio of B2B products.
- 5 years’ senior marketing management experience
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing and growing the marketing function/team
- Astute commercial and business acumen in understanding the impact of decisions on the portfolio and the wider business
- Deep knowledge and experience in evaluating and selecting marketing channels, particularly digital
- A genuine team player and collaborative in nature
- Strong sense of personal accountability
- Integrity, authenticity and honesty
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Solid experience with P&L management
- Ability to quickly understand new industries and markets and to apply thorough analysis and critical thinking to understand how to best serve them commercially and profitably
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – able to clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas in a manner that engages the audience
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary, plus annual bonuses and other incentives, which all add up to a lucrative earning potential
- Leadership opportunity in a fast-growth entrepreneurial company
- Autonomy and accountability in managing the performance of your team.
- Respect, flexibility and transparency
- Modern office in central Gold Coast
- A culture that celebrates wins
- A fun, dynamic and supportive team environment
- Regular social events
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible – apply now to be considered.